Criteria for Acceptance as an Apprentice
1. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of acceptance into the program
- be a high school graduate or have received a GED certificate
- be willing to take a drug test
2. An Application Form may be requested in person, by telephone or via our website.
3. Return the completed Application Form, along with the REQUIRED documentation as follows:
- a copy of your birth certificate or Driver’s License as “Proof of Age”
- a copy of your high school transcript and/or GED scores
- a copy of your DD214 (discharge papers) if you’ve been in the military
NOTE: All applicants, regardless of experience in the trade, educational level or age are required to attach copies of the above-mentioned documents. If these documents are not attached, your application will be marked “incomplete” and you will not be eligible for an interview – no questions asked, no exceptions!
We encourage you to include the following documentation with your application:
If you have received additional education, such as college or vocational training, please turn in a transcript, certificate, or license to document your training.
- Letters of reference
- Any other documentation you feel is relevant
4. All applicants who turn in a completed Application Form, with all REQUIRED documents as listed above,will be notified, by certified mail, to attend the next scheduled interview session. Due to the large number of applicants, interviews will not be rescheduled under any circumstances.
5. If you have an address or telephone number change, please contact our office so that your information may be kept current.
6. Upon completion of your interview, DO NOT CALL OUR OFFICE – YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL of your placement on the “Plumber Pool of Eligibles” or “Pipefitter Pool of Eligibles” applicant list. For your convenience, we post these lists of outside the main entrance. For security, all listings are posted by the last four digits of the applicant’s Social Security number. The list will be posted approximately 24 to 48 hours after the interviews are concluded.
7. If you did not score high enough during the interview to be placed in the top 10 on the “Plumber Pool of Eligibles” or “Pipefitter Pool of Eligibles” applicant list, we encourage you to request a new Application Form and re-apply to attempt to increase your score during the next scheduled interview session.
8. If you are selected for our Program, you will be required to pass a DRUG TEST before you will be accepted.
9. You must be able to report to work, within 5 days, if contacted for acceptance into the Program.
10. While working on some job sites, you may be required to wear steel-toed boots.